Sunday 21 April 2013

Initial Painting Selections.

I've drawn up a rough selections of initial paintings which may or may not form the content for the final animation. The challenge of selecting paintings which are subjective representations of music, is that my own experience of the music is also subjective. I've run with my instincts rather than dwell on analysing what the music potentially means universally. I've either tried to see as everything as recurring themes. Whether that be the type of shapes used, colour or potential movement for animation. 

These selections will change as I continue to re-listen and reassess the music, and work out what the animation itself needs. Right now I'm listening the music as is, in recorded form. On the night it's going to  be very different so that will also change how things progress. At this stage everything is very much wide-open! Which makes this a tricky initial phase. Some of the pieces of music are short, while others a quite long. It’s going to take some time to make sure the choices are right for the music, and not be overly democratic. I’m also missing a few potential ones which are currently sitting on Dropbox. However, once this process is more refined, I can start to produce some animation tests.

Warning. A large set of images incoming!

Set 1






Set 3







Set 7










Set 8






Set 9








1 comment:

  1. and so it begins, Tom - v. exciting to see these initial selections; literally can't wait to see how you're going to marshal this content now :)

    ReplyDelete